Try these coconut macaroons for a taste of the tropical. Coconut always reminds me of Thailand 🙂 And you can’t go wrong with dark chocolate. Only 5 ingredients required.
100g desiccated coconut
2 egg whites (use the leftover yolks for a super yummy omelette or mayonnaise or homemade chicken kiev?!)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
25 – 50g Dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to fan 170C
- Mix the coconut, honey and vanilla together
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites and salt together until they form stiff peaks
- Gently fold the egg whites into the coconut mix
- Spoon tablespoons onto a lined baking tray
- use your fingers to form small rounds
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, the macaroons should be slightly browned.
- Once cooled drizzle melted chocolate on top or alternatively dip the base in chocolate!